Friday, July 29, 2005

Let Me Be The Last

It's been a few days but no biggie! Day-interval between posts aren't a threat! Anyway, I just thought of writing down my favorite part of Madonna's Frozen.

You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be?
You're frozen when your heart's not open

You're so consumed with how much you get
You waste your time with pain and regret
You're frozen when your heart's not open

Now there's no point in placing the blame
And you should know I suffer the same
If I lose you, my heart will be broken

Love is a bird, she needs to fly
Let all the hurt inside of you die
You're frozen when your heart's not open

Madonna's lyrics may be simple but they contain a lot of sense. Frozen sings of self-centerism. In the end, that being self-centered will just leave us frozen, wanting for more, a heart frozen by greed and malcontent. We only wish for ourselves, not caring of the others who live among us. It's always me, myself and I. I'll admit, I may have my self-centered sides too.

Pops said that it's already in the nature of humans to place themselves as their top priority. Self first. I may be like that and that's the one thing I want to change. Change to make a difference. That was what my essay was all about. I hope it was inspiring to everyone. I hope they realize that the world doesn't revolve around themselves.

I can understand if it's already in our instincts to place ourselves first but why does it have to be this way? How I hope that there would be a massive change among the entire human race and have them place the difference as the crown. Why do we have to place our selves first? We are just but one individual on earth. Just one compared to the billions that live among us.

If I write a fully-detailed essay about this, it might take pages and ages. But still let me try to squeeze the juice out of the lemon and focus more on the important facts. One day I'll write a whole manuscript about this selfishness subject. I just don't have the time right now.

If only fantasies were existent. Sadly, they're only existent in our minds. For now, I won't live for myself. Let me be the last for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home