Friday, July 29, 2005

Broadcasting or Journalism?

Oh fun fun fun! I just failed the Prelims of History, Science and Math! Damn, why don't I feel embarassed showing this to the public? Anyway, the truth must be exposed. That's the creed of a journalist! 'Sides, come the third year of college and we'll be tackling the CORE subjects! Bye bye basics!

For now I'm still a bit split in half about still what the rightful course for me is. I have Broadcasting and Journalism. They're apples and oranges but they have their own similarities too. Broadcasting acts more on TV while Journalism pivots around more on print media but Glen enlightened me by saying that I too was having the common misconception that almost everyone has between Broadcasting and Journalism.

The thing with broadcasting is it has become far too common now. I was horrified like hell when I saw the list of graduates under CASE. Not just Mass Communication but the entire college itself. Almost half the graduates were major in Broadcasting. Being the indifferent type, I wish to go the opposite direction. That opened the window to Journalism. Not the door yet but just the window for now. Doors are entrances, windows are looking holes. 'Sides, the Broadcasting market is pretty cramped. A few openings to thousands of broadcasters. ABS-CBN obviously doesn't have that many slots for employment. How 'bout if I try CNN or Fox News? Screw Papa Tony for saying that I'll go nowhere with Broadcasting abroad!

But then again, I did submit that post about letting myself be the last. I'll probably stay here for now and offer my skills in journalism for the same kinsmen. 'Sides, that speaker in that LyCAJS orientation that the majority misconception is... a misconception! Journalism of course rewards with cash, not just recognition. Maybe I'll begin as a mercenary for various newspapers and magazines. That'll be nice. Glen also told me that there's also the thing called Broadcast Journalism. I guess my opportunities are expanded either way.

But then again, now's too early to decide! Might as well have fun first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home