Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Known and Forgotten

Tomorrow, another Lyceum Debate Society meeting awaits! What joy! I somewhat like and hate it and I can’t fully explain why. Absurd, even my decisions are schizophrenic! Well, people say that I’m not only dual-minded but autistic as well. Does my autism really expose itself through my everyday behavior? True that the hardest person to know is actually yourself. I know and don’t know myself. Now what kind of philosophy is that? I guess it’s also true that there are some things or facts in life that can never be entirely defined by words alone. Only experience can. Reminds me of that quote from Balto:

“A dog cannot do this journey alone but maybe… A wolf can…”

Words cannot explain this fact alone but maybe… Experience can…

Astounding! Whatta weird adaptation! But Balto is half-dog, half-wolf! So maybe it also applies in a thematic way that these facts can be explained by both words and experience when fused together! I’m gonna give that concoction a shot once I’m given the chance.

“Wait for me, I’ll write you letters”
I could see how you stand with your eyes to the floor
But still I swore
To hide the doubt when I turned back the pages
Anger might have been the answer
What if I hung my head and said that I couldn’t wait?
But now I’m strong enough to know it’s not too late
-Jade of Sweetbox, 1000 Words, Final Fantasy X-2

And though I know
The world of real emotion has surrounded me
I won’t give into it
Now I know
That forward is the only way my heart can go
I hear your voice calling out to me
“You’ll never be alone”

-Jade of Sweetbox, real Emotion, Final Fantasy X-2

Damn, this is always almost every writer’s problem! The ideas evaporate once faced with a pen and paper! *Groan* Not a problem though! At least the evanesced ideas are instantaneously replaced with new (and sometimes better) ones! Wait, what was I planning to write about this morning? Now I’ve forgotten! Oh no! Does that mean I’m suffering from instant memory loss!? Must…drink…Sustagen…Prime…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home