Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Series Of (Un)fortunate Events

Mapapatawad mo ba ako?
Mapaglarong isipan
Mapapatawad mo ba ako?
Ay sadiyang makakalimutan ang mga sulat ko sa ‘yo
-Moonstar88, Sulat

Translation:
Can you ever forgive me?
Playful and tricky mind
Can you ever forgive me?
To willingly forget my letters to you


It’s that chorus from that song “Sulat” which translates to “Letter” by Moonstar88. Funny though, I never really was a fan of local OPM (Original Pinoy Music) and here I am devoting at least a paragraph to the chorus of a song I remembered and even translating it to English.

*Lightly yet firmly places a hand by my mouth and gives off an extravagant aristocratic laugh* Ahohohohoho!

*Ahem ahem* Time to shift back to seriousness!

For now I’ve decided to write short shots about multiple topics, unlike my usual routine to choose a topic and write more than an essay about it. Here we go!

Jeff’s Early Bird Challenge
Wow, I never considered this challenge to be as tough as a sample test in Algebra. For almost two weeks now I’ve been waking up late – around two hours before noon. Besides the status quo of the sembreak, I’ve been mesmerized by the joys of sleep yet consequently suffer the consequences of having chronic headaches and confounded dizziness. I told BigBro Jeff about this and he has been scolding me for being such a sleepyhead. He even promised that he’ll teach me the art of waking up early – if such art is existent. To further make the challenge more enjoyable and beneficial, he offered to reward me that Nightwish CD, Higher Hopes, if I gain enough points in his Wake Up Early Promo. The earlier you wake up, the more points you accumulate! Higher points also give better prizes! Promo ends after 8am. ‘Tis a challenge too tempting yet fair and even to resist… I MUST GET THAT NIGHTWISH CD!!”

“Pinay Big Sister” at Monica’s Place
Poor Monica has been living all alone in her condominium here in Robinson’s Ermita. Of course she wants company. Thankfully, she and her faithful friends are often willing to accompany her and party around in her comfy little condo. Since we’re all fans of the reality TV Show Pinoy Big Brother, we somehow simulated that program and plagiarized our very own! Mercy (the oldest of us; she’s 19 already whilst we are all 17) acts as Big Sister but never really tells us what to do. We just do it for dormant fun! I think I’m gonna stay here again until Wednesday. Thursday finally commences the second semester and my first semester as a Foreign Service; Diplomacy student!

No Authority Under An Authoritarian
Another reason why I’ve been enjoying it here in Monica’s place is because my freedom has been upgraded to a new and higher degree. Sure, I am not denying that I like it better in Midtown but Tito Davy rules with an iron fist. He abolished Internet Use at home hence disabling me from making entries here in my blog. I’m just glad Monica’s place gives away unrestricted online existence – the reason why I’ve been lacking sleep. Once upon a night I was heard talking to Heimer on the phone complaining about Internet and PC use being prohibited. Good God, I got one hellacious yelling round from Tito Davy! I’m just glad I’ve had initial experience on this so round 2 will only be child’s play compared to the first. From then on I have engraved in my heart and mind the Golden Rule of adapting: “Get used to it.”

If people start talking shit about you, it means that they're touched! That's a good sign! And we don't really care what other people say about us or our music. We don't give a fuck!
-Cristina Scabbia, female vocalist of Lacuna Coil

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister, I remember the lyrics a little differently. Ewan ko lang kung anong tama.

Patawarin mo ako
Mapaglarong isipan
Mapapatawad mo ba ako?
O sadyang makakalimutan ang mga sulat ko sa iyo?

Forgive me, playful mind.
Will you be able to forgive me?
Or shall you forget all my letters to you...?

Though... she's addressing her mind? ^^;

Your blog's interesting, as always. Keep it up. ^^ ~Koume ;)

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home