Wednesday, March 08, 2006

To Myself I Turned

I was talked to when I wanted to be listened to.
I was advised when I needed to be understood.

This morning Angkong finally flew back to Palawan. It was a nice yet raspy visit for Angkong's advice can get boring and repetitive but I cannot argue that they are dull. 72 years worth of life is unfathomable wisdom. Last night he said that I was only in kindergarten stage in the school of life whilst he's already a graduate. Pops is around the high school level.

Damn it. Adults think they know everything. They immediately advice without fully understanding what really is going on. It's always the same old story. Every time I want to say something, I'm automatically asked to sit down and listen and I can't even interrupt and if I do, I'm labeled a disrespectful kid. That's why I'd rather not mess with adult business or anyone else's. They'd never understand anyway. Not even my own parents or sisters. Not even my family. No one understands me. No one does.

I have my own ideals and philosophy. Why do they try to change that? People are despicable creatures that's why I'd rather not conform to their absurd beliefs and ideologies. I am my own person and I don't want anyone messing with me.

I was born in another world
Strictly connected to a piece of my mind
Nothing more than a little land
It is a small cradle when I'm a kid

I am the princess in there
Nothing wrong in my fantasy world
I am the king, the nation
No dictators or religions

No laws laid for for me
I have my own liberty inside of me
Nothing to lose, I want to live here

As you see, I'm the only survivor in this land
-Lacuna Coil, To Myself I Turned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home