Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School Schmendrick

I hate studying but I love learning.

Midterm exams are a pain. Paying for the partial tuition fee is an even bigger pain. Twist told me that he normally just dilly-dallies during the Prelim exams. The pressure kicks in during the Midterm. Prelim, Midterm or even the Final exams, I just never was the studier (if there is such a word). Besides, many business veterans have told me that you utilize only 30% of what you've learned in College. The other 70% is wasted on general education that have been reiterated since High School. Sweet. Even the educational system of the Philippines is fucked up.

Although I love Journalism, I'm still slightly hesitant in taking the course itself up. I know many successful journalists never had formal training in the field. Oh well. I guess having the diploma can still be in an advantage. Nowadays, you can hardly find a job without one. I've been long considering working for a call center but the night shifts create an impasse on school. I have to prioritize school for the very reason that I want to graduate and have a degree. It never was my dream to be in the dean's list. For all I care, employers are more particular about how active you are than how smart you are.

Yeah, I have the cajones (not literally, mind you) to call myself smart. I just hate studying. After all, as my dear friend Monica would tell me: "Iba ang matalino sa masipag mag-aral."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home