Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cartoon Blatteroon

At last... My greatest invention is...COMPLETED!!
-Dexter's Catchphrase, Dexter's Laboratory

Blatteroon - A person who just won't shut up.

At last... My greatest article is...COMPLETED!! And I've finally submitted it to the Sentinel Press! The editors themselves gave me pleasing comments. And now for my next expirement, I shall attempt to create a feature prototype pivoting around the mannerisms and behavioral aspects of the Pinoy species.

Enough about the Dexter diction. It's been ten long years since I've first watched that show on Cartoon Network. Along came the Powerpuff Girls and other Cartoon Cartoon series such as I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo and Mike, Lu and Og. I've missed Cow and Chicken though. I wonder why it was phased out and turned out to be a flop? David Feiss has a very weird sense of humor. At least the new-school series has a good dose of innovation and creativity. Code Name: Kid's Next Door is good. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy may not appear grotesque but is very detailed and very gory when you look at it closely. I love Grim's Jamaican accent. He's cool. Still my favorite will always be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. So far that's the first and only cartoon series I've watched with a very unorthodox sense of humor. It contains no sexual, vulgar nor dialogue with double meanings yet it's both for kids and adults.

Screw Disney Channel. Bunch of amateur wannabes. Brandy and Mr. Whiskers turned out to be a floppy imitation of gross comedy. Too bad Disney decided to stay on the conservative side. I can't review Nickelodeon that much though...

Oh, and by the way, DNA Report, huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Eamane said...

Cartoon network ten years ago? Now that's something. What channel was that back then?

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Channel 50. We had Sky Cable then. Dexter's Lab was broadcast back in the What-a-Cartoon Show.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home