Friday, October 06, 2006

Educational Slavery

Good God. This has to be the most grueling, expensive and ultimately hellish semester yet!

I hate school. It's not what we call a cliché. It's a motto. Who in this crazy world would like school anyway? Those parties of geeks and nerds might all huddle up raising their hands shouting "We do!" but 90% of the student population would ditch school anytime. After all...

I do not let schooling get in the way of my education.
-Mark Twain


That crystal ball project in Chemistry is no longer a problem at the very least. It's just that I had to spend around P200 for two containers of baby oil, glitters and a small mayonnaise jar which led me to force my sisters to eat.

Then there's another P120 for the research paper in English03 or Writing in the Discipline. Mine's entitled "Status of Organization Membership of the Students of the Lyceum of the Philippines University". The expenses may be a smaller biggie but it's the physical effort that has to be compromised. I spent hours going to and from school to do surveys and make all-nighters just to type the entire damn thing out. I was supposed to defend mine yesterday but due to lack of time (and clothes), I had to be thankfully rescheduled to another day.

Here's my biggest and most expensive problem yet: Philippine Literature. Our professor is either a natural slavedriver or under the influence of drugs. She expects us to read roughly 200 pages worth of menial stories. The sweeter part is she wants us to make a documentary of a selected region of the country and with its native language, list down and recite examples of literature! Yeah, right. Like we can speak and understand Ilocano fluently. What a flipped out bitch. She thinks we have all the money we need in our pockets and as if Philippine Lit is the ONLY subject we signed up for this semester.

Next week will be a trip to hellhole. Almost literally. I dost preparest myself to faceth the Final Exams. Chemistry, Logic and Philippine Literature are all in crises with my grades. Hadn't I gotten sick during the Prelim period I would've an easier time.

Damn. I hate school. We spent thousands of money paying for tuition. What do we get in return? Enslavement.

And oh yes. The winds have brought this memory back to me. A year has passed since...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home