Monday, October 30, 2006

Ice Cream For My Soul

Q: Why is it so hard to say you're wrong?

A: Because it often involves saying "I'm sorry" which is even harder. Throughout history, people have found it easier to stop speaking to one another, punch, slander, shoot and bomb rather than apologize.
-Reader's Digest, May 2006


Now this may be reminiscent to the book Chicken Soup For The Soul. On my case, ice cream works better than chicken soup, although I love chicken soup.

As much as I hate to admit, I am one of those people who find it easier to result to less amicable resorts than apologize. At least I'm limited only to stop speaking to the other party. Well, I used to punch (my sister especially), yell and throw things and tantrums yet as I grew up, so did I mature and learn the art and value of anger management. Speaking of the latter, I suddenly remember my explosive uncle back in Midtown. It's because of his volatile temper that I'm living here in Las PiƱas now.

Looks like my application to Taft Offshore is a complete bogus. The interviewer told me that she'd update me today through text yet I received no message. Oh well. No crying over spilled milk. Friends like Mr. A and Vincy, both of whom are experienced in call center work, just gave me continuous encouragements. Might as well apply at other companies within Manila. After all, most first times are meant to end up in failure. I failed the first time I tried to walk and failed defeating Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts II. I had to retry more than twenty times just to defeat that damned final boss!!

Ultimately, it simply pleases me just to be able to post in this humble blog of mine. Although hardly anyone comments or even posts in the chatbox, I'm satisfied that I can use this blog to freely express my feelings and insights. But I am confident there are readers! After all, it's not like I post to intentionally attract readers. I'd rather friends drop by.

You like ice cream
You like ice cream
You love it
You cannot resist ice cream
To resist is hopeless
Your existence is meaningless without ice cream
-Ice Cream Truck Speaker, Invader Zim (I love the German accent and Nazi propaganda imitation!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home