Monday, October 09, 2006

Gaming Life

I personally believe that blogging is a lesser vice than videogaming nor are they vices at all.

On days like these (Sundays, Final exams, Projects), I normally feel anxious a few minutes after a good game of Kingdom Hearts II or Final Fantasy X-2. You know, the feeling of playtime over school labor. I've had this bad habit since I was five and had my first gaming experience. It was Super Mario Kart for the Super NES. Pops was looking for someone to play Battle-Balloon mode with. Since there was no one else in the family he could ask (Mom was never a gaming geek), his eyes landed on me and handed the player-two controller to me. I was skeptical at first but then "It's alright, I'll teach you." I held the controller firmly, anticipating my first ever gamign experience. I lost to Pops with three ballons to zero. I cried at my defeat yet Pops comforted me. "Don't give up after a game over." Dad took me to a whole new world...

Now that I'm in college, I've been having a hard time bringing my gaming life back in motion. My year-and-a-half addiction to Ragnarok Online even pushed it to six more feet deeper underground. Right now I"m feeling a second game of Kingdom Hearts II in Proud mode, still without a walkthrough! I'll do the same with Valkyrie Profile 2 and Final Fantasy XII.

But for now, the Final exams are a bugger. Better get these games off my mind if I don't want to flunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home