Thursday, October 26, 2006

Party Hats, Anyone?

This week has been a series of parties and horn-blowing.

October 21st, Saturday
Tito Mike, my uncle, and Tita Aileen flew back here from Canada last Saturday to attend a relative's wedding. Since I wasn't that related to the bride who was Tita Aileen's sister, I never did a lot of socializing back at the reception. One thing I hate about such adult parties is it's the perfect place to play the sport of social-climbing. The people there especially the females were all there for show. Good thing I just sat there and remained silent throughout the party and never thought to mingle with the high-nosed slobs. I don't want to be labeled a social climber. After all, the food was great! Lola Bing is a superb chef!

October 24th, Tuesday
Tuesday was my cousin Dana's 10th birthday. What a near coinkydink! Her birthday's prior to my Mom's at October 25th, which I will expound later. Tito Mike and Tita Aileen treated us all to pizza at Sbarro in SM Southmall. Again, the food was great! Good thing the cuisine god has blessed me graciously. I had a Chicago stuffed pizza which my (slim) waist managed to find capacity for. Afterwards we continued to celebrate at Storyland which is also in Southmall. Tita Aileen was kind enough to buy Dana, Eliza and me ride-all-you-can tickets. How great it felt to be a kid again. I did most of the yelling at the roller coaster, pulled them to the other rides and pwned the bumper cars with Raph and Tito Mike. Mom was still the peace-loving rider even in a bumper car. And I stoned myself with snow cones and ice cream. Then before we went home, we ate at Jollibee with the tab on Tito Mike. Tommy was ecstatic since there were no Jollibee's in Vancouver.

October 25th, Wednesday
Then yesterday was Mom's birthday. Although I was born to a family of worrywarts, Mom being the pioneer, I still love my Mom and bought her Monkey Business by the Black-Eyed Peas. Again her worrywart instincts kicked in and searched my bag in the wee hours of the morning for fear that I might not hand it to her. She obviously loved the CD. And to think that she was also pestering me for an album of the Sugababes. I had to resort to partly-spoiling the present by telling her the I bought the Two-Disc Special Asian Edition.

Oh, and my Zhou Xun came over by surprise! He had me expecting that he might not come! I love him so much. He came all the way from Antipolo to Las Pinas to attend Mom's birthday! Yes! He'll make a perfect husband and son-in-law! Oh God, I'm so blessed. The whole day the two of us accompanied Mom to her birthday chores such as buying Pansit Malabon, bringing Eliza to school and doing the grocery. Carlo even offered to take the shopping cart and do the computations! Then we killed afternoon time by playing a few hours of Final Fantasy X-2 and Kingdom Hearts II. How he badly wanted to play Tekken and Final Fantasy X but I left the former in Palawan and the latter, sadly, does not work on my PS2 anymore...

The guests came and it was a fun yet simple adult's party. Mom wore my long black Bohemian skirt without asking! Well...that's because I also wore her pants without asking...

October 26th, Thursday or simply Today
Party time's over. Tsk. Although I never made my decision public here in my blog, I planned to work for a call center this following semester. Pops allowed me to enroll to only 12 units hence allowing me enough time to work After all, business back in Palawan is pretty rough and we're hard up now. I've considered first the "big"
call centers such as Convergys and PeopleSupport but their branches are mostly in Makati which is a hindrance to my transportation to and from school.

Thankfully, there's a newly opened call center along Taft Avenue near De La Salle University. Taft Offshore Solutions Inc. is its name. It's along the route that the bus takes to Las Pinas. I made my application last Friday and I've just had my interview just a few moments go. I'm hoping that everything will go well...

Almost forgot!
Yesterday I managed to buy pirated CDs of Unleashed Memories and Karmacode both by Lacuna Coil! I found them at the stalls of fake DVDs lined along the 2nd floor of Star Mall. Contrary to that I'm anti-piracy, drastic times take drastic measures. After all, they're not aiming Philippine sales. And buying items online with a credit card is tempting and risky. And I do have the original copies of In a Reverie which Tito Mike ordered from a Russian eBay member and Comalies which I bought two summers ago from Tower Records at Alabang Town Center. Hopefully, I'll also be able to find Lacuna Coil EP and Halflife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home