Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Lyceum Debate Society II

Just a few more minutes from now and I'll be leaving this hop to head for school to attend another LDS meeting. As I've mentioned in my previous post, I like and hate it. I like it since I get to practice my brains and mouth and I hate it because time is consumed for intellectual activities instead for fun. This blog can be called fun! This is already my first priority upon sitting in front of the PC. Now comes the guilt of neglecting my concrete journal. I've been writing in it for two years now and it's still not even full. Too bad I can't spend the whole day with this "fun" now that there's the LDS to worry about.

I guess it was immature of me to think that debating is mainly a matter of charismatic speaking but crap, I was as wrong as hell. Brains mattered more. The thing is I've known that even while signing that application form up but I can't believe I let it slip off my mind! And now Glen even developed this point system wherein the one who scores the highest points will be labeled "Debater of the Month". Well I don't think I'm participating. Again, I don't believe in labels.

But still I do believe I'm good even if I don't have a neon sign above me that flashes "I'm good! I'm good!" Just my trust and belief will do and sky's the limit!

"No matter how deep the darkness, a light shines within."
-Sora, Wielder of the Keyblade, Kingdom Hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home