Thursday, April 06, 2006

Abhored Subjects

I don't believe this. I can't believe the relief and euphoria I've had after seeing my grade report has already vaporized just as soon as I laid eyes on it. Yeah, I was ecstatic that I never failed a subject yet I was also ashamed, or should I say dishonored that I don't really deserve to pass some of them namely Rizal and NSTP. Frankly I never gave a damn about those two subjects.

Rizal, if I have to argue with my valued life, is the dullest and most useless subject ever implemented in the Philippine educational system. Just what the fuck has Rizal's life have anything to do with my journalistic career? The one evil feature is that we get to sit in the classroom for an hour and a half feeling drugged due to boredom being lectured about the travels of Rizal all of which have little relevancy to real life. I don't know why I miraculously passed that subject since I never cooperated in the filming of Rizal's early life and to think that I did badly in the Final exam. A 3.00 would have been less surprising but a 2.50? Now that's arguable.

NSTP is twice the bullshit as Rizal. It's like we paid for three units just to sit in the classroom doing basically nothing for three damned hours. Community services were grueling as well. It's not my idea to be ready at five in the morning and volunteer (Why should it be called 'volunteer' when we're FORCED to do it in the first place?) to help sweep the streets and give food to street children. Not that I never want to be a goody two-shoes nor an apathetic bitch but those street pests are just so damn ungrateful. Give them some and they'll ask for more. Don't give them more and they'll yell all sorts of street profanity at you. I speak as if I know of the community services when I never attended a single session during the entire semester.

International Relations was an absurd decision in the first place. It's time I admit I was only kidding myself of wanting this course. It's time I step back unto my intended destiny. I'll have to die for it if I have to.

Time to step back to Journalism...

Just what does Rizal have anything to do with airplanes?
-Seis, Avionics Technology Graduate

Just what does Rizal have anything to do with Journalism?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mag avionics ka na lang hehehe :P

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home