Saturday, June 03, 2006

Happy Birthday

Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal.

I know this is late but I have to post about my 18th birthday! And maybe write my very first June entry to date! Just this one last month and Lunette Reverie will finally be a year old! Advanced Happy Birthday, Lunette! ^^

May 27th, 2006. Eighteen years after May 27th, 1988. That day was my 18th birthday. My transcendance to adulthood. Now I am open to more rights and capabilities. I'm now at the legal age to drink, drive, read FHM and watch R-18 films!

Basically I didn't know how it exactly feels to finally grow into an adult. Right now even after a week has passed, I still feel like a teenager. Hell I never felt like a teenager. I never felt like an immature kid either. All I felt was myself. I never knew what defined a teenager since I was hradly updated in trends. I am a non-conformist and a proud defiant after all. The bandwagon is as bloody as an executioner's axe.

The venue of my birthday was at Dang Maria's. It was sad that none of my friends could come. They were held up by personal problems but I can't blame them either way. I could still enjoy the party even without their physical company. Greetings are enough.

Finally, I had my eighteen roses and had all the wishes I could have. Thanks. They will help tremendously but my fate is still in my own hands.

I opened one of the gifts and was surprised to see a Digicam. Wow. Pops actually took my request seriously when I only asked him jokingly a few days before my birthday. Mom told me to ask for something useful. A necessity. Originally I had a GameBoy Advance SP in mind. Yet since I'm aware that Pops is working hard, even too hard for us, I don't even bother to reciprocate with good grades or a god behavior at least. Now the least damaging I can do for him is ask for something useful. Something that will aid in my career as a journalist. A digital camera.

That very night I promised Pops that one day I will become editor-in-chief or at least a high ranking icon in a newspaper company and become a known journalist then eventually a novelist. I've been hording so many story ideas in my mind and my best friend the notebook. Wanna know what's inside? 20 years from now! I'm not a fan of spoilers!

I guess it's time I introduce my pen to its brother, the digital camera. Together, we shall create astounding articles...

My birthday party ended happily and tearfully. It was hard to believe this day ended as quickly as it had begun. Yet I have no regrets. There was nothing to cry of in the first place.

A week-late happy birthday to me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uber belated happy b-day...

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great... just great.. i just found out a freind of mine just had her 18 birthday soooo late! anyway w/ all the stuff ive given you last x-mass its more than enough to last for 5 b-days gifts. and im the one also that ?e?f?re?. whose talking. guess who i am... heheh i talk too much riddle, i even have no clue to what i am saying.. well carlo looks nice.. no trusting whats outside.. im more intrested in whats' inside.. his character.. his soul.. hehehe hahahahah!!!!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

came across this piece at a i-cafe.
interesting...
belated happy birthday
and
advance congratulations for being editor-in-chief

by the way it's "hoarding" not "hording"

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home