Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or Tricky

Happy Halloween! At least that was for yesterday.

The Trick or Treating occured during the sun was still up though. Corny.

I don't really want to complain about it but most of the kids who were trick or treating for sweets and goodies were all outsiders from Philam, most of them not even wearing costumes. It's not surprising. Those poor blokes just take advantage of any freebie available. That's why I once mentioned here in my blog (I can't remember which post) why I want all those below the poverty line obliterated.

Anyway, might as well look on the bright side! We all dressed up in typical Halloween costumes. Pauline being a witch for a masquerade party, Eliza an angel (although she really isn't one), Jenna a butterfly princess and of course Moi being a nefarious and bodacious witch! And there's a difference between an evil witch and a masquerade witch. No need to substantiate that! ^^

*I'll post the photos some other time*

I didn't bring my own goodie bag. My job then was too accompany and secure the kids as well as be their big assistant in holding their goodie bags and fixing up their wings. Jenna's butterfly wings were a pain and kept on hitting me back in the car! I was also the wiper of hands and chins from taho and ice cream. Trendy. Even the caretaker is in a lavish costume...

Funny though. All the kids were staring at me as we rode from house to house to gain freebies. Oh well. Most of the trick or treaters are kids, some of them accompanied by adults who were wearing little costumues and accessories or none at all. Since I was one of the few grown-ups wearing a very conspicuous costume (I saw a duo wearing Men in Black tuxedos), all the other kids were all staring, nudging their friends saying "Uy! Witch o!". Some were not taught good manners and were even pointing.

My cousin Raph later arrived! He was dressed in an urban camo outfit complete with face paint of poster paint and a replica of a Glock and an MP5! We took pictures alter at the park with well-planned posts. We decided on the forest setting, which was wrong since he was wearing urban camo.

Quite a happy halloween though as much as I hate to admit, I never enjoyed it like a kid will. That's what I hate about being an adult. It takes much MORE to be pleased...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home