Friday, July 29, 2005

Songs that Sing Secrets

Time to beautify another senseful song!

The Tower - Vienna Teng

She turns out the light anticipating night
Falling tenderly around her
And watches the dusk
The words won't come...
She carries the act so convincingly
The fact is sometimes she believes it
That she can be happy the way things are
Be happy with the things she's done

She says I need not to need
Or else a love with intuition
Someone who reaches out to my weakness
And won't let go
I need not to need
I've always been the tower
But now I feel like I'm a flower
Trying to bloom in snow

Reach out but hold back
To where is safety
Reach out but hold back
Where is the one who'll come change me?
Where is the one?
The one

Man, I love the way she placed the rhymes. Not at the end of the phrase but two rhymes following each other within a phrase only with a short gap in between.

The song sings of independence and integrity.
~Reach out but hold back - Go for it but be careful.
~She turns out the light anticipating night - Dare for danger.
~I feel like I'm a flower trying to bloom in snow - Try to make the impossible possible.

Rainbow reveries, eh...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home