Saturday, September 10, 2005

Crucify My Love

Crucify My Love
Written by Jiea Dee on October 14th, 2004
End my suffering... Kill me now... Please...

One day you came, you gave your hand
You came, you cared, showed me the land
You laughed, you smiled, you took my hand
You were my rock, you helped me stand

You were my knight protecting me
You were my guardian watching over me
You had a vow not to leave me alone
Please my love, don't ever abandon me

And then it came that cruel day
The day you had to walk away
You took one step, could you hear me say...?
"Don't go!" but you were already a distance away

Although you cared, my heart you still tormented
Your presence illuminated, for that you repented
You're a fragment of my core, disappear and I'm sore
Your absence hurts, torment me no more

Your name I screamed, my hand outstretched
Into that blackness my fragment was released
That fragment was you, levitating in the dark
Just let me die... My life's not worth a spark

Many nights I spent unslept
You left behind a promise unkept
Still you turned and walked away
"Don't go!" I said, still you didn't hear me say

I watched the darkness, my hand still outstretched
You stabbed my heart now bleeding with regret
Memories came in waves I couldn't forget
Soaring swiftly back to the day we met

You're gone now, you walked away
You're gone now, I'm left alone
Your voice still echoes across my reverie.
"Come now, take my hand"

Reality intruded, shrouding the reverie
That harsh reality raining with my fears
I'm eternally lost, reverie's my sole refuge
To not leave me lying pouring crimson tears

It's no use. I am forever lost
Nothing can heal this perennially bleeding gash
You've now gone away, just please set me free
So now I ask of you, perennial loss

Crucify my love, just let it die...

*A poem written through tears for a lost romance*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home