Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I. Hate. MATH!

Chronicles of a Math Antipathetic:

-My first ever red mark was done way back in Kindergarten and the subject was Math.

-I only learned how to add and subtract a year after it was taught in Nursery II.

-I had a hellacious time with Math during the entirety of my elementary years.

-I’ve only fully known the basic arithmetics in High School when I should have just only mastered it in Grade 5.

-I consecutively flunked the quizzes and assignments given on the very first day we were taught basic Algebra.

-I almost flunked Algebra if not for my “sympathetic” teachers.

-I developed this notion that those who love and specialize in Math require immediate mental aid and treatment.

-I treated Math as my mortal academic arch-enemy besides my conformist classmates.

-I considered Math as “The Subject of the Damned”.

-I almost failed basic Trigonometry in the second year of my High School.

-I nearly couldn’t make it out of third year due to my pitiful grade in Geometry.

-I almost dropped out of fourth year for I received nefarious marks in Physics, Geometry and Trigonometry. (What an accursed memory this is…)

-I scored an equivalent of 37/100 in the Math CEM test.

-ALL my entrance exams to colleges (Centro-Eskolar University, Holy Spirit and Lyceum) showed that I had horrible results in Math with an equivalent of 16/50. (Who cares now that I passed all exams for my desired course!? And why the hell does Communication Arts have any relevance with the damned subject!?)

-I wanted to kick myself for even thinking of taking up College Algebra in the first year of college.

-I scored 6/50 in the Prelim exams of College Algebra.

-I got a final score of 3 (that’s 75% flat) in College Algebra. (Who cares as long as I pass!?)

-And until now I can’t even do basic Algebra.

-And finally, I wanna celebrate for no longer having to worry about imminent mathematical disasters come the following years. (Freedom at long last! Foreign Service is Math-free! This is my rapture! MY euphoria!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

note this.. math is something like a nightmare to those who hate it. and i havent found yet a person who likes math. but the thing is there is a saying that "the more you hate it, the more ull like it" i dunno if its correct but.. one thing is for sure. i hate math too.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home