Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hello Other Half

I'm so glad my gaming life has finally awakened from its long rehabilitation. Kingdom Hearts II is the perfect companion to begin a new era of PlayStation 2 gaming. I've left the game like a scattered memory, forever engraving its signifance in my gaming heart, just as Final Fantasy has done.

I find it enchanting that Sora has battled amidst the Heartless and Nobodies armed only with his Keyblade. Of course he couldn't have triumphed over Kimgdom Hearts and the Realm of Darkness without his friends, Donald and Goofy. No matter how comical those two are, they offer invaluable warfare help to Sora. Surprising how the makers of Kingdom Hearts manage to create their characters in such a balanced manner.

I've currently taken a short break from the game. A new game begets a new addiction. There's something about console gaming that is so psychologically "safe". No matter how much I become addicted to it, it never threatens to destroy my life. In fact it even serves as an inspiration emotionally and aesthetically. It was thanks to Final Fantasy X that I managed to compose such (beautiful) poetry.

There'd be one more episode to complete in Twilight Town before I can embark for The World That Never Was. Why could it have been never was? I, as Sora, am anticipating that I'll meet my alter-ego in that unventured world... My Nobody Roxas.

Nobodies like us are those who are only half a person.
-Namine, Kingdom Hearts II


Sora has Roxas. Kairi has Namine. Xehanort has Xemnas.

If I had a Nobody, who would it be? She'd be more like a little exaggeration of my personality and a little neutralized version. Her name might be Reika Lee. A Japanese name born from my authentic Chinese name, Li Lee Hua. I had a half-Japanese classmate who could speak and understand the language fluently. I wrote my name in Chinese on a piece of paper and asked him to read it in Japanese. I heard the very words Lee Reika come out of his mouth. I simply converted it to the first-name-first format. Say hello now to my other half.

How I wish there'd be such a place such as The World That Never Was. People considered it the realm of darkness. Darkness is the brother of peace, or so I believe...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home