Thursday, July 20, 2006

Starfire and Raven

Twist pulled me yet again into another addiction: Comic Books.

Although I was expecting it to be another manga (Japanese comic books) title, I was surprised when he bought a copy of Teen Titans and Batman from Book Sale. I borrowed his copy of Teen Titans and was a tad disappointment when it was just a delineated version of the cartoon series from Cartoon Network. Believe me, I do love the series. I just expected the comic book version to be different.

Batman was no different from its contemporary animated series though. He was at his modern dark and gothic look, this time around accompanied by Batgirl. Both comic books were printed in the US so no doubt they were of fine quality. Just one pull-down though. Too many print advertisements. At the very least, print ads can be easily skipped unlike TV commercials.

I've watched Teen Titans from the day it was released on TV. I first thought that Robin was the only original character by DC Comics and that the other four- Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven -were all merely created for the sake of Robin having allies of his age. I can't believe how much I lacked research. DC Comics intentionally created a new series called The New Teen Titans. Its style of art is no different from its predecessors; mature and gory. Starfire's and Raven's original appearances were enamoring...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I prefer Raven's shadowed personality over Starfire's cheerful ego though the cartoon Starfire and the comic Starfire are characteristically different from how they look...

Doesn't matter! As long as Raven's the babelicious of them all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home