Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pen and Ink Twin

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower


That's what's in front of the spiral notebook more than a month ago to serve as my journal. I still haven't thought of a name for it though. Maybe I'll just call it Dwight! I've been spending much devoted time writing in it very personal issues which are too crucial to be published in this blog. Almost neglected Lunette Reverie. On the other hand this blog led me to neglect my thick journal I kept for almost three years. I had to abandon it since it's full of horrible memories of 4th High School and my ex-boyfriend, both I want to forget.

Time to crack the bad news: I wasn't accepted to become a part of the McDonald's crew. It was devastating at first but I'm glad I quickly recovered. Haha! I forgot to behold the power of positivism. I've read,

I've learned that getting fired may be the best thing that can happen to me.
-Live and Learn and Pass It On

There are much more good things. First of all, I don't have work to bind me into responsibility and pressure. And since it's Christmas, I can fly back home to Puerto Princesa and spend quality time with my father and two other sisters. Plus I can fully enjoy the pleasure of Christmas and be free from the headaches wiping tables and punching in orders for customers. I'd rather spend my Christmas home than behind a counter. And 'sides, a part-time job worth around Php 4,000 monthly cannot buy happiness and time with my family whom I've been away from for half a year.

Other news: Sir Generoso Aquino, a faculty member of the Lyceum of the Philippines University, has recently passed away. Sad. He never became my professor in any of my social sciences sucject but he was a very nice man. Once he kindly advised me to sip my coffee first to keep it from spilling. I guess Nightwish is right about one of their songs...

Why am I loved only when I'm gone?
Think of me long enough to make a memory
-Nightwish, Bless The Child


That's how I felt too when Papa Tony passed away almost a year ago... Just a few weeks from now until his first death anniversary. How time flies.

I guess that's all for now. I'm just in a netcafe. Better make most of my time by doing "other" things. =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home