Friday, February 16, 2007

Хуй Войнэ

Хуй Войнэ
-Russian, pronounced "Kui Voinë" meaning "Fuck War" found on shirts worn by t.A.T.u.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There hardly was a time when the world was at peace. Notable wars I can remember are the Hundred Years War between France and England, the Vietnam War and of course the World Wars I and II.

Other than that, there was never a time when people were satisfied with what nature has to offer. Oftentimes they want more than they have, not stopping until they've consumed the entire world's bank accounts. I've observed that the upper class, also known as Los Conyos, are no happier than the middle and lower classes. Los Conyos appear in parties and feign happiness and dignity when they're actually depressed inside, worrying about how to overload their bank accounts. Such is the hypocrisy.

Even the United States of America, the world's richest and most powerful country, is still at war with Iraq. Although it's quite uncannonized, Bush is after the Middle East for its oil reservoirs. Oil rakes in the money and money makes the world go round these days. Not only does it talk the loudest, it swears. Oh well. I've been told by a professor that the US is starting to fall apart and they currently have the largest national debt from the World Bank. So much for living the American Dream. I'm living the New Zealander Dream anyway. XD

Even in the micro-level of society, we wage war against each other. Just as Shorty mentioned in her blog;

Respect is given to when respect is due.

Ghetto vs. Goth vs. Conyo vs. Punk... What the?! Can't you just give respect to each other? It doesn't matter what genre you belong to. We're all human, we're all the same. So would you just f*cking drop that genre fight thingy and just do what you love to do.


Yeah. I'm no hypocrite. I admit I was once a Hitler impersonator blowing people's heads off saying which are the best and the worst. But the important thing is I've finally changed to a semi-humanitarian good girl and learned to appreciate all sorts of genres. It's quite simple. If I don't like it, just leave it alone and find something else that interests me. It's fruitless to spend months organizing an Anti-Cuéshe Club. At least now I've become even more open-minded.

Rocker/Poser Business

Speaking of genres, I suddenly remembered that hooligan who flooded my chatbox all because of a small finger-slip of a song title by Chicosci. He spent precious time calling me a poser, which made me think. What's with this Rocker/Poser thing anyway? Who made the rules on how to be a rocker anyway?

I've met many rockers alike. From the listeners to the band members, from the underground-dwellers to ones who appreciate mainstream as well. I've noticed: A band may be certified rockers to one yet a poser to another and vice versa. So generally, the term "poser" merely depends on any individuals standards. Yet many of them act as if their own standards are the Golden Rules of appreciating rock.

Doctor Paranoia explained that calling someone a poser is like dripping blood in a pool of sharks. It's one way to get attention. He also taught me in the first place that one has absolutely no right to judge another for he should not expect him to adjust to his standards.

So now I've decided to drop this whole Rocker/Poser business. I'm not calling myself a rocker, metalhead, goth, skater punk, emo kid or whatever sub-genre there is under rock. I don't care whether I adjust to your standards of rock or not nor do you label me a poser. As long as I listen to this band, that's that. End of story.

Labels are things you put on jars, not on people.
-Quoted by my dear cousin Doctor Paranoia


And these "rakistas" who dwell too much on posers, well, they're just torturing themselves. Oh well. Some people seem to have more than enough time in their hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger Costar said...

Hi young Li Lee Hua,

You've just posted a kind message on my blog (http://ostarc.blogspot.com/) saying you liked the images but did'nt understand french. I can read and write english (almost), so if you ever want informations and details about some images, dont hesitate to ask.
You can also see my paintings on my site (by clicking the icon at the upper right of my blog)
You're so far from me, in space, and time too! I'm curious to know your feelings.
Sincerely...

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home