Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ego-Surfing

JIEA stands for:
Japan Ireland Economic Association
Jaipur Industrial Estate Association
It's also a search engine known as jiea.com

I was waiting for my cousin to go online since we'll be talking about our trip to De La Salle University - Dasmariñas through YM.

While finding ways to kill time e.g. checking my Friendster account (nothing new), searching Wikipedia for anything interesting (Cartoon Network, Lyceum, UE), and had an idea. I went ego-surfing.

First I tried Wikipedia but no articles led to "Jiea". So why not try Google? And above are the results returned by "Jiea." The whole time I didn't know I was named after an international association. This Jaipur thing even has its own seal with the inscription JIEA on it. Wow! I feel like a VIP.

I guess it pays to be named the same as almost no one. Yeah, there are also many people named Jiea but with a different spelling. Gia, Jia, even Ghia and Jhia! I don't understand why many pinoys love to put the letters H and Z in their nicknames. They think it makes their names cool when it's just one way to join the bandwagon of names.

Йя Eнныфэр Ди
-Russian equivalent of my name. I transliterated it myself. I learned the Russian (Cyrillic) alphabet through self-teaching. Inspired by the game Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater.

I know only onoe word in Russian and that's Йэп (pronounced "yep") which means "sex". XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home