Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Drugged

I wonder what my body would sound like
Slamming against those rocks
And when it lands
Will my eyes be closed or open?
-
Björk, Hyper Ballad

Centrum reeks. I've been taking it once a day for more than a week now and I feel no healthier. In fact I've been feeling drowsy and unenergetic instead of being "complete" just as its advertisements suggested. I do feel complete. Completely drained.

Due to minor problems at school and lack of sleep by talking to my Zhou Xun over the phone past midnight, I've been suffering from headaches, some slight and some a real pain, but thankfully no cases of migraine yet. In fact I don't think I've ever experienced migraine in my entire life. And I hope I never will.

During those headaching times, I resorted to over-the-counter painkillers such as Biogesic and Advil. They both worked but took quite a while to take effect. And that would be one of the few times I'll take safe drugs. I don't want to live a life being drug-dependent. After all, no matter how safe and legal they are, they're still drugs. I personally believe they can still be associated with drug addiction and drug overdose.

Raph recommended water therapy instead. Whenever his mom would have a headache, she'd resort to no drugs. She'd just drink a warm glass of water and everything else follows. He-ey! They say the natural way is always the best way!

Starting tomorrow I'll take Enervon-C, also a brand of multivitamins. If Centrum doesn't work for me then I'll try that. Besides, it's only half of Centrum's price! Centrum is Php 9.50 while Enervon is Php 4.50. And if Enervon doesn't work, I'll go for Stresstabs.

For the first time here in Lunette Reverie, I'm talking about drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home