Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Death Anniversary

It's been exactly a year since our late Papa Tony passed away, making to day his first death anniversary. There was a dinner and a gathering here. Only a few of my cousins came. Raph came as usual. Ray-an and Triza were here too. We spent the whole night just talking. Metal Gear Snake Eater, FPS Doug and ROFLMAO Productions, Newgrounds parodies and the time Ray-an and I were toiling away on Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness two summers ago.

Ultimately we talked about how we felt and reacted the moment we heard that our dear grandfather finally went. Ray-an was playing Need For Speed when he heard the news. He immediately turned the PS2 off, locked himself into his room and thought deeply. Raph was drowsy one early morning and was shocked when Tita Cherry told it. I heard it past midnight, just a few minutes after his passing. I woke my sister up and we cried together.

It's quite hard to believe that Patony's been gone for a year now. How time flies. If Patony was still alive then Christmas would have been ten times more enjoyable.

Wise military man said that we should not mourn over the deaths on great men. In fact we should rejoice that such men lived.

Yeah. I should be thankful that Patony lived in the first place. I should be thankful that I got to experience growing up with a complete set of grandparents.

We'll see him soon.

These precious things
Let them bleed
Let them wash away
These precious things
Let them break
Their hold over me
-Tori Amos, Precious Things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home