Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nutshell

A summary of my happenings and interests at the moment.

I finally bought another book by Paulo Coelho; The Pilgrimage. I've heard of this well-known Brazilian novelist but only had the nerve to buy and read his books last November. I used to read a lot of books then but since I prioritized my gaming life, I left them eating dust on the shelf.

Every time I mentioned Coelho to classmates, The Alchemist is automatically the first thing that comes to their minds. After all his biographies state it's his most beloved book. That probably is the first (and only) book read by people. Despite that, the first book by Coelho I've actually read is By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept. I bought it together with The Alchemist. I also have (and read in chronological order) Eleven Minutes, Veronika Decides to Die, The Valkyries and The Zahir. Currently halfway through The Pilgrimage. I also bought The Fifth Mountain but never read it since I gave it to my sister for Christmas. I have only The Devil and Miss Prym left to complete my humble Coelho set. And I wouldn't bother purchasing Warrior of Light: A Manual and Like the Flowing River. No main plot.

And speaking of my reading list, I've read The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer. In my opinion better than the Artemis Fowl series. That book bored me with every page.

After the games mentioned in PlayStation Awaken, I'm currently alternating between Final Fantasy XII and Resident Evil 4. At least I have my gaming life in good order and balance. By the way I've enlisted the aid of Doctor Paranoia with the latter. So it's basically team effort. We're now at the Island sniping off freakish Regenerators and Iron Maidens. RE4 is the first RE without the traditional zombies. But that's what makes it more fun (and dangerous)!

The last day of February. Hmm, this afternoon with nothing to do, I watched Wowowee with Abuela. The contestants were those born under February 29. How would I feel having to celebrate my "real" birthday merely every four years? I don't know anyone born under a leap year. Only fictional character I know born under that is Precis Neuman from Star Ocean: The Second Story, an RPG for the Sony PlayStation. She's sixteen but acts far more childish. Maybe because her birthday is only every four years.

And I've just finished watching Legally Blonde on DVD. Although I don't really have an interest for chick flicks, I actually enjoyed and and felt good afterwards! Well, it's also categorized as a feel-good film. It again taught me that we should never discriminate. In the movie, Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) was doubted in being a Harvard Law Student because she's blonde. In the end she won in court defending a murder convict and graduated top of her class.

I'm no hyprocrite I'll admit I discriminate too. But I'm also admitting that I'm trying to change that. I used to have a stern hatred for blondes and preps. Now I chose to demote hatred into mere dislike. After all, indifference is the true opposite of love. If ever I met up with a blonde, some dislike and discrimination might exist but I'll still try to be her friend.

It's great to be a blonde. With low expectations it's very easy to surprise people.
-Pamela Anderson

So I guess that's that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Reika Lee, thank for your comment and reply :)
I love his books. but I have not read The Valkyries yet. and now I am reading Brida. I like it so much!

have a great day!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home