Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Lady Lips

Which one I would give up? Lip gloss is not an option, so it's between wine and high heeled shoes. And depending on the day, I would give up either one. But I could not give up lip gloss. I would die. No, because there's no point in wearing high heel shoes without lip gloss, because your lips are dry. If you have wet lips, you can have bare feet, that's fine. If you have wine and dry lips, that's awful.
-Tori Amos when asked which she would give up: lip gloss, wine, or high heeled shoes. Taken from Wikiquote

A typical kikay brings an arsenal of make-up everyday and spends an average of an hour a day in the bathroom. I take merely less than five minutes and that includes "unloading" and checking on my reflection.

I can live without face powder, lipstick, blush-on, foundation, eyeliner, eyelash curler and whatever kikay tool or jargon I can think of. I'll be facially alright just by having only two womanly necessities: a hairbrush and lip gloss.

Like Tori, I practically CAN'T live without that fruity-flavored colorless oily stick. First, I'm easily prone to dry lips since it runs in the family. Second, I can't stand dry lips! It somewhat vexes me to feel lumps on my upper lip and swollen wounds on my lower lip. Third, dry lips are an extreme pain when eating anything spicy. Without lip gloss, eating Yellow Cab pizza peppered with chilli flakes and oil is a step below acne surgery. Same goes with that tantalizing chilli sauce from the Walls of Intramuros. It inflamed my lips. I resembled a talk show host on drugs.

Ultimately I find men who habitually put lip gloss on fascinating. I personally don't find it gay. Au contraire it shows that these men are actually conscious of their physical health and appearances. Although Carlo does not put it on, I still love him with or without lip gloss.

I can go on with only occasional lip gloss. But right now my slighty wounded lips are slightly bugging me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home