Sunday, September 11, 2005

Humans II - Greed

I was taught that we are all plagued by sins and there are varieties of them. Yet I believe the most nefarious of them all is greed. Greed is the root of all moral destruction occurring across our land. People, or should I say, humans only live to benefit for themselves. The self is always the first priority. Never mind the others coexisting with them. As long as they are nurtured and provided for, to hell with other trivial subjects and beings. That is why greed is the one sin I should to avoid. I’ll still be able to forgive myself if I am to be manipulated by pride or insubordination but not greed. I’ll never ever forgive myself for letting something disparaging take over me. The world is already a thoroughly obliterated place. I don’t want to worsen it further. If given the mighty prerogative, I’ll restore this world to its pinnacle. Dream on, Jiea. That’s light-years of an overstatement already.

Why, it was greed that destroyed Ragnarok Online in the first place. Everything may not have been socially and financially perfect but it was far better that way. Far more peaceful and the almost the entirety wasn’t that competitive yet. Fun was the prerogative. If only I could wave a magic wand and transform pRO back to how it was two years ago, nothing could have been more delightful. But now… It’s like an “online” offline server. People cheat the hell out of each other in order to reach the pinnacle. It has become too fierce. I’d rather withdraw myself from such menial carnage than to continue playing a game along and against cheaters.

Prioritize the self first. It’s already in the nature of humans. Hateful creatures…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home