Sunday, September 11, 2005

When the Music Fades

Music... The one thing that most people's lives revolve around on. I'll have to divulge too that I was once a music freak but not of THAT level to actually worship and devote myself to it.

To be honest, I no longer am an avid fan of the existence. As time expires, so does the creativity and the originality of music. Personally speaking, the time of the music industry's dying breath was the year 2003. Those days every song on the hit list was worth listening to and even worth buying their artists' albums. I purchased so many albums contemporarily that time! Avril Lavigne, t. A. T. u., Evanescence, Utada Hikaru, and lots lots more! But now... Almost all artists are one-hit wonders. Yeah, maybe they'll blossom but only VERY temporarily. If one artist right now has become famous due to a song then she oughta be thankful if that fame manages to extend to one year. So many artists, so many songs, and so few chances to blossom. I'm betting my imminent fame that Kitche Nadal won't last long for the year 2006. And to be honest, "The Day You Said Goodnight" by Hale is becoming more of an earsore than a lullaby. That's why I clandestinely discourage those blockheads who aspire to become famous singers and band vocalists. Music is dying... Slowly but surely it's dying.

Sorry for those who read this blog who know nothing of the artists mentioned above. They're all Filipino local artists and their popularity is not extended to foreign areas.

But still, I'm glad that previously famous songs are still alive to keep me emotinally entertained and uplifted. Might as well list them down here! It's only once a year that I organize my thoughts and favorites! =)

Anything But Ordinary - Avril Lavigne (Mom said that this song reminded her a lot about me. I might as well write the full details behind this songs in another entry.)
How Does It Feel - Avril Lavigne
Imaginary - Evanescence
My Last Breath - Evanescence
Not Gonna Get Us - t. A. T. u.
How Soon Is Now - t. A. T. u.
Sakura Drops - Utada Hikaru
Final Distance - Utada Hikaru
Dreamin' Of You - Selena
Hysteria - Def Leppard
Rocket - Def Leppard
Broken Heart - White Lion
S.O.S. For Love - Modern Talking
Crawling - Linkin Park
Easier To Run - Linkin Park
Find Your Way Back - Michelle Branch
A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
When I'm Gone - 3 Doors Down
Away From The Sun - 3 Doors Down
Suteki Da Ne? (Isn't It Wonderful?) - Rikki (from Final Fantasy X)
1000 Words - Jade from Sweetbox (from Final Fantasy X-2)
Eyes On Me - Faye Wong (from Final Fantasy VIII)
Morning Glow - Aoki Mayuko (from Final Fantasy X-2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home