Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cinema Streak

Last night, I had a nightmare, I dreamt Lunette Reverie was hacked by a corpulent hairy man with a black headset. Thank God I've forgotten about it the moment I regained consciousness.

Arice and I have a slightly similar idea! Go on a movie streak! Except of course I'll go with my Zhou Xun! Lucky he lets me choose what movie we're to watch though he chose the very first movie we've watched together; Memoirs of a Geisha. For the record, we've already seen the following movies in theatres: Tristan and Isolde, Silent Hill, Cars and See No Evil.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The very latter turned out to be a disappointment. The paradox is the lousier the film, the more impactful and convincing the tagline is. We expected a movie much bloodier and soul-recoiling than Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Turned out to be some movie showing a wrestler being a movie-star-wannabe. I may watch WWE but not submit to it. Nothing but an army of fakers.

Carlo and I are now having a non-temperal argument about what movie to watch next. Last Saturday, he was complaining why I wouldn't want to watch any. He badly wanted to watch The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. I answered that there was nothing good to watch. After all, I wouldn't want to resort to Superman Returns. For some reason, I no longer want highly commercialized goods. And about The Fast and the Furious, maybe I'll simply wait for the DVD to be available for rent from Video City!

Before Spiderman 3, this movie is what we've decided to watch next:

Lady in the Water
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Summary (Taken from Wikipedia):
A modest building manager named Cleveland Heep (Paul Giamatti) rescues a mysterious young woman named Story (Bryce Dallas Howard) from danger and discovers she is actually a nymph, a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the treacherous journey from our world back to hers. As a nymph, Story is responsible to make positive changes in the lives of those around her with the help of a human vessel. In Story's case, her vessel is none other than Cleveland Heep. Cleveland and his fellow tenants start to realize that they are also characters in this bedtime story. As Cleveland falls deeper and deeper in love with Story, he works together with the tenants to protect his new fragile friend from the deadly creatures that reside in this fable and are determined to prevent her from returning home.

How I longed to watch a film under the fantasy genre. Harry Potter films are great but only the first one, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone, actually is. The rest are merely rushed and unsubstantial versions of the books. Good thing I didn't waste money as well as the effort to pester Carlo to watch that movie with me. I simply rented a VCD copy from Video City.

This will be next after Lady in the Water:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha! From then on, Carlo will take me out every week!

I only knew now that James Franco played Harry Osborn. He also took the role of Tristan in Tristan and Isolde.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home