Thursday, September 29, 2005

LDS - Its Prominent Friendship

A number of good and even also bad events have occurred contemporarily the past days. It’s just too unfortunate that I never set aside a block of time to somehow convert those happenings into words. No matter, I shall still have it done.

Wednesday –Yesterday- seemed an amalgamation of both events. For one thing, Glen and I nearly lost the debate since I sort of screwed up being the Deputy Leader of the Opposition. Instead I became the Rebuttal Speaker or the Whip and continually destroyed the cases risen by the Government which Glen, the Leader of the Opposition that time, didn’t adhere to. Well since I did touch (and destroyed) those cases, the Government came to believe that I actually adhered to their set proposals. It’s a good thing Glen’s proposal on the declination of E-Voting in the Philippines saved the day. It was still an argument nevertheless and the Government never had the brains (forgive my sarcasm) to touch those arguments. And since I destroyed their arguments one by one like actually separating a machine and its parts, we triumphed the debate!

Eventually, we were engaged into another debate this time about the Philippines separating itself from the WTO (World Trade Organization). Damn! Involuntarily jeopardized! We were at the Government side and none of my teammates wanted to take the responsibility of being the Prime Minister so I was somehow coerced to submit to the grave responsibility. And to think that I only knew little of the operations executed by the WTO and that compared to other positions, I make a very faulty Prime Minister. Still I did my best and though shocked as I could have been, we lost. The Opposition’s Whip, Pogi, actually enlightened the adjudicator on the essences of the WTO and for that we lost. But at least we put up a good fight and fell with heads high up and with no trace of disgust in our faces!

That night, many members of the LDS proposed that we go visit Suzy, a fellow debater, who was confined in the Chinese General Hospital. We’ve heard news that she caught the Dengue disease and was immediately rushed for initial treatment. We were relieved that Suzy was taken care of before the disease could culminate or it could have been worse. Suzy seemed alright that time. She didn’t look pale and suffering in bed. In fact she was like a vibrant friend just sitting in bed calmly waiting for a slumber party to start!

There were many of us. Glen, Mae Chelle, Frenzy, Kaku, Glady, Gelo, Billy, Kim, JJ and Aiz. Kaku seemed eager to visit Suzy that time since he was the first to board the jeep to Bluementritt, first to get off (although he was seated farthest from the exit) and first to actually enter the hospital and into Suzy’s room. I playfully labeled him “Your Knight in Shining Armor!” in front of Suzy and they all laughed heartily. We all took turns in visiting here since the hospital did not allow visitors coming simultaneously. I even willingly exited the room just to give the chance to Kaku who seemed to be hang around in the waiting area anxiously! Amazing is a guy in love.

Then it was finally time to go home since the clock in the hall disposed 9:00pm. But before we gathered at the elevator, Arice and Kuya Nonoh arrived to also pay Suzy a visit. Since no one was left to accompany the couple, Kim and I stayed behind partly because we wanted to be with Kuya Nonoh and Arice, partly because we still wanted to see Suzy and partly because we didn’t want to go home yet. It was fun how we all backstabbed (in friendly terms of course) the other guys from LDS and found out that I was “backstabbed” too. They commented on my frankness and how I speak my mind with no forks and loopholes and just straight to the point. Personally, I’ll take that as a compliment!

We all said goodbye to Suzy and went home. Thankfully, Kuya Nonoh offered to drive us in his car. We hung out at KFC in UN Avenue before everything else. It was fun. I never expected that some of we members of the LDS would hang out like this late at night. I’m glad I got home safely thanks to Kuya Nonoh’s offer and also thankful that I didn’t get a yelling from Tito Davy upon entering the doorstep. It was one night I’ll remember all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home