Sunday, September 18, 2005

Return to Puerto

Come October and I’ll be departing back to Puerto. After all it has been around four months. That’s quite a long time. So far the longest time I’ve been solitarily away from my family in my history. To be honest I’m really looking forward to. I’m glad we’ve decided to terminate our DSL connection for if it continues… I can’t and don’t wanna think about it. I was a bitch for even pestering Pops and having that connection not thinking that we can manage on just dial-up all along. I’m glad that we’ve had it cut off I don’t wanna hinder Pops anymore. The store’s sinking in debt. A little weight can mean a revolution of the arrow around the financial weighing scale.

But I might as well see the sunny sides of my return to Puerto! At least I get to indulge the simple provincial life again. Never will I have to worry about daily expenses and rescheduling! Until now I still can’t believe how simple-minded and immature I was four years ago. That was when we just migrated to Puerto. I was 13 years old that time. I’ve always thought that Manila life was far better and modern than life in the backyard. Trends, updates and the likes were all to you just one minute after they become discovered. But now…how much I want to eat those words back. Manila-living demands twice the amount of time, energy and money. I’m relieved I was able to adapt but not exactly joining a herd of dumb gullible sheep.

Another thing is I get to be with my family again! I miss those soft large pillows back in the house! For four months I’ve been hugging nothing but pillows that resemble flat cotton balls wrapped in aged cloth and a thin blanket that’s only effective against minor cold from a simple electric turbine. It’s also kind of empty to not have Eliza and Jenna brat around. It’s just not right without them running around screaming and crying.

I’ll come back! But then I’ll also have to return to Manila to finish the second semester then eventually my first year in college!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home